Each day, I wonder how much more can my children take. In their short lives, they have been through so much. Sometimes, it seems like they have been through more than some adults I know. Life does seem to be settling down. Not nearly as many "bad" things happening as in years past, but still...there are the occasional outbreaks that make me wonder WHY?!?
A recent event included witnessing their father having a severe seizure. Luckily, they ONLY have supervised visitation, so they were not alone with him during this traumatic event. However, due to the severity of the seizure, they were forced to "hide" upstairs until their grandfather could leave the situation and come "find" them (nestled together between the bed and the wall). Right as I was beginning to enjoy freedom in the bed at night, they have moved back in with me. Always starting in their own beds, but quickly waking up and coming down to mine.
And the hits keep on coming... Today, I am home with Will who is sick AGAIN. He is suffering from a prolonged ear infection, caused by sinus issues, resulting from an allergy to our cats. So now I am looking for a home for the kitties. Sarah will be devastated. She likes Will's 2-year old cat, Fluffy Frank, but she ADORES our little kitty, Angel. Angel was part of her birthday present. She accepted donations for the Humane Society at her 6-year birthday party. In return, she was able to adopt her very own kitty (her cat was killed on the last day of school this past year). So now, I have to break the news that her kitty is going somewhere else to live. Exactly HOW do you do that to a child who still cries about the loss of her sweet kitty Alice?
I know that the children will get over the cat situation. They are resilient and all that mess, BUT is this event the last? Are we going to have some period of time that they do not experience fear, or loss, or difficulty? Can't I just provide them with some stability and happiness for a few consecutive months?
In life, sometimes we are so helpless.
We live a good life.
We believe in God.
We do what is right.
Things should be easier.
Life should be easier.
I know I sound bitter and I shouldn't. My life is pretty great.
My children are ANGELS sent straight from heaven.
I have a beautiful home.
The best friends in the WORLD.
A wonderful working environment.
Good health.
I am happy with the direction my life is taking.
I need to remember to focus on the good, forget the bad.
I just hope the children can say "Bye, Bye Kitties!" without too much difficulty!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment